It is widely recognised that China represents an enormous opportunity for Australian brands. It’s been predicted that between 2009 and 2030, China will add another 850 million to its middle class and will account for $US14.3 trillion in global spending. Household wealth is set to grow faster in China than anywhere else in the world in the next decade, and with more than 730 million people already connected to the internet, the vast and incredible opportunity to expand into this market is undeniable.
However, the sheer size, scale and complexity of the market means that growing your business into China can be extremely difficult. With a digital landscape like no other, vast cultural differences, and an extremely complex regulatory environment, it’s a difficult market to navigate.
The Access China Summit, crafted in conjunction with our advisory board, will explore the opportunity for Australian businesses in China in more detail, equipping delegates with the tools and knowledge to navigate this complex market and grow their business internationally. The programme will cover crucial themes such as understanding the digital landscape in China and the role of key platforms such as Wechat and Weibo; how to find your target market; building brand recognition and trust in China; how to operate as a retailer in China; and exploring the role of Daigou and what they could mean for your business.
- Chairman: Nicolas Chu SinorbisCEO & Founder
- Stephen Drummond Y&R Advertising ChinaChairman and Chief Strategy Officer
- Andrea Myles China Australia Millennial ProjectCEO
- Janice Febbraio Australia-China Relations Institute (ACRI)Head of Strategic Partnerships
- Tom Parker Bastion ChinaPartner
- Catherine Cervasio AromababyFounder and CEO
- Duco van Breeman Haymarket HQGeneral Manager